Thursday, May 7, 2009

Give your all.

Are you giving your all?

 

Ponder that question for a while, it’s important. Are you giving your all, going the extra mile, or are you just doing enough to get by? It’s easy to fall into the trap of mediocrity, especially in this day and age. Personally I like nothing better than perfection. Yet quite frequently I find myself doing just enough to get by. Talk about lame! That kind of work ethic will get you nowhere.

 I know this isn't at all like the normal post you expect from me, but it's something that I've been thinking about a lot recently. 

As a follower of Christ, I try to serve Jesus in all that I do, even the little things. It’s hard though. I am far from perfect. It’s only by prayer, and the grace of God, that I am able to put my best foot forward.

 

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.” Colossians 3:23

 

Remember this verse brothers and sisters in Christ, the next time you are tempted to do enough to just get by. Don’t sell yourselves short!

 

For everyone reading this post, it takes hard work and endurance to get anywhere in life. Don’t fall into the trap of mediocrity and “going with the flow”. Be the best that you can be in every situation you find yourself in. Don’t settle for less.

 

Give your all. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm challenged, Benj. Thank you! If you don't mind, I would like to post a link to this on my blog. www.thecentralaxis.blogspot.com

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete